Monday, June 20, 2011

Transitions Within Transitions

We'll keep this one short seeing as sleep seems to be hard to come by... but there's just so much to say that I have to word vomit some updates.

Hello from Chicago!  Milwaukee Corps 2011 joined up with our counterparts from Chicago, Jacksonville, St. Louis, and Twin Cities at Illinois Institute of Technology this past Sunday.  It's supposed to be hard and prepare us for excellence, blah blah blah...  Here are the interesting things that you might care about.

1. Looks like I'll be teaching 3rd grade math and reading this summer.  I'll have you remember that my assignment is bilingual education, and I've been interviewing for middle/high school positions.  It makes sense if you don't think about it.

2. I wake up at 5:15 every day.  Whine whine whine.

3. The Minnesota Twins!  Holy cow they're awesome ever since I left!

4. We were just informed today that our fabulous regional Executive Director was so fabulous that he got promoted to the position "Greatest Leader Ever," and therefore he is being replaced by Maurice Thomas, 2010 Lehmann Award winner for Excellence in Teaching.  If you applied for TFA, you saw a video clip about him being an awesome teacher.  Moral of the story... Milwaukee's pretty well managed.

Now it's 10:17... I can still get 7 hours of sleep! Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment